DataMed Solutions is proud to announce
- Risk assessment of post-discharge mortality among recently hospitalized Medicare heart failure patients with reduced or preserved ejection fraction. Stampehl M, Friedman HS, Navaratnam P, Russo P, Park S, Obi EN. Curr Med Res Opin. 2020 Feb;36(2):179-188.
Comparative effectiveness of budesonide inhalation suspension and montelukast in children with mild asthma in Korea. Shin J, Oh SJ, Petigara T, Tunceli K, Urdaneta E, Navaratnam P, Friedman HS, Park SW, Hong SH. J Asthma. 2019 Aug 6:1-11.
- Trends in Asthma Control, Treatment, Health Care Utilization, and Expenditures Among Children in the United States by Place of Residence: 2003-2014, PW Sullivan, V Ghushchyan, A Kavati, P Navaratnam, HS Friedman, The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice, Feb 2019
- Exploring factors associated with health disparities in asthma and poorly controlled asthma among school-aged children in the US, PW Sullivan, V Ghushchyan, P Navaratnam, HS Friedman, A Kavati, Journal of Asthma, Feb 2019, 1-14
- Health disparities among children with asthma in the United States by place of residence, PW Sullivan, V Ghushchyan, A Kavati, P Navaratnam, HS Friedman, The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice 7 (1), 148-155, Jan 2019
- Comparative effectiveness of budesonide inhalation suspension and montelukast in children with mild asthma in Korea, J Shin, SJ Oh, T Petigara, K Tunceli, E Urdaneta, P Navaratnam, Journal of Asthma, 1-11, August 2019
- School absence and productivity outcomes associated with childhood asthma in the USA. Sullivan P, Ghushchyan VG, Navaratnam P, Friedman HS, Kavati A, Ortiz B, Lanier B. J Asthma. 2017 Apr 28:1-8.
- Assessment of treatment patterns associated with injectable disease-modifying therapy among relapsing–remitting multiple sclerosis patients J Nicholas, JJ Ko, Y Park, P Navaratnam, HS Friedman, FR Ernst, V Herrera, Multiple Sclerosis Journal – Experimental, Translational and Clinical ,Vol 3, Issue 1, March-17-2017
- Indicators of poorly controlled asthma and health-related quality of life among school-age children in the United States, PW Sullivan, V Ghushchyan, P Navaratnam, HS Friedman, A Kavati, Allergy and Asthma Proceedings 38 (6), 431-439, 2017
- The national burden of poorly controlled asthma, school absence and parental work loss among school-aged children in the United States
PW Sullivan, V Ghushchyan, P Navaratnam, HS Friedman, A Kavati, Journal of Asthma, 1-9, 2017
- National Prevalence of Poor Asthma Control and Associated Outcomes among School-Aged Children in the United States, PW Sullivan, V Ghushchyan, P Navaratnam, HS Friedman, A Kavati, The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice, 2017
- Gender Disparities in Lipid-Lowering Therapy in Cardiovascular Disease: Insights from a Managed Care Population. Rodriguez F, Olufade TO, Ramey DR, Friedman HS, Navaratnam P, Heithoff K, Foody JM. 2016 J Womens Health (Larchmt) 25(7):697-706
- Persistency, medication prescribing patterns, and medical resource use associated with multiple sclerosis patients receiving oral disease-modifying therapies: a retrospective medical record review. Nazareth T, Friedman HS, Navaratnam P, Herriott DA, Ko JJ, Barr P, Sasane R. 2016. BMC Neurol. 29;16(1):187.
- Resource use and costs in high-risk symptomatic peripheral artery disease patients with diabetes and prior acute coronary syndrome: a retrospective analysis. Reed M, Friedman HS, Navaratnam P, Heithoff K, Simpson RJ Jr., 2016. Postgrad Med. 128(2):170-9.
- Association between cardiac, renal, and hepatic biomarkers and outcomes in patients with acute heart failure. Chan WW, Waltman Johnson K, Friedman HS, Navaratnam P. 2016. Hosp Pract (1995). 2016 Aug;44(3):138-45
- Comparative Assessment of Medical Resource Use and Costs Associated with Patients with Symptomatic Peripheral Artery Disease in the United States. Chase MR, Friedman HS, Navaratnam P, Heithoff K, Simpson RJ Jr. 2016 J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 22(6):667-75
- Determinants of high cost in multiple sclerosis patients: a claims and chart review study. Ke X, Navaratnam P, Sasane R, Eisenberg Lawrence DF, Friedman HS, Tulsi BB, Vollmer T. 2016 Curr Med Res Opin. 32(9):1589-97
- Association of Persistent and Transient Worsening Renal Function with Mortality Risk, Re-admissions Risk, Length of Stay, and Costs in Patients Hospitalized with Acute Heart Failure, Palmer JB, Friedman HS, Waltman Johnson K, Navaratnam P, Gottlieb SS, ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research, June 2015 Volume 2015:7 Pages 357—367
- Patterns of Medication Utilization and Costs Associated With the Use of Etanercept, Adalimumab, and Ustekinumab in the Management of Moderate-to-Severe Psoriasis. S. Feldman, Y. Zhao, P. Navaratnam, H.S. Friedman, J. Lu, M.H. Tran. J Manag Care Spec Pharm 2015;21(3):201-0
- Frequency of High-Risk Patients Not Receiving High-Potency Statin (from a Large Managed Care Database). Rodriguez, F; Olufade, T; Heithoff, K; Friedman, HS; Navaratnam, P; The American Journal of Cardiology 115.2 (Jan 15, 2015): 190-195.
- A Retrospective Analysis of Clinical Characteristics, Hospitalization, and Functional Outcomes in Residents With and Without Clostridium difficile Infection in US Long-Term Care Facilities. H.S. Friedman, P. Navaratnam, G. Reardon, K.P. High, and M.E. Strauss Current medical research and opinion 0 (2014): 1-31.
- Clinical Outcomes, Health Resource Use, and Cost in Patients with Early versus Late Dual or Triple Anti-Platelet Treatment for Acute Coronary Syndrome. H.S. Friedman, P. Mollon, J. Lian, and P. Navaratnam. American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs 13, no. 4 (2013): 273-283.
- Treatment with Inhaled Mometasone Furoate Reduces Short-Acting β2 Agonist Claims and Increases Adherence Compared to Fluticasone Propionate in Asthma Patients. Prakash Navaratnam, Howard S. Friedman, Eduardo Urdaneta, Value in Health, Volume 14 Issue 2, Vol 16, 2011 March
- Validation and agreement across four versions of the asthma control questionnaire in patients with persistent asthma. Kathleen W. Wyrwich, Sajjad A. Khan, Prakash Navaratnam, Hendrik Nolte and Davis F. Gates Jr., Respiratory Medicine, Volume 105, Issue 5, May 2011, Pages 698-712
- Validation of the AQLQ12+ Among Adolescents and Adults with Persistent Asthma. Kathleen W. Wyrwich, Andrea M. Ireland, Prakash Navaratnam, Hendrik Nolte and Davis F. Gates Jr. Journal of Asthma, February 2011, Vol. 48, No. 1 , Pages 48-56
- Effectiveness of Mometasone Furoate Nasal Spray with or without Antibiotics vs. Antibiotic Monotherapy in Patients with Acute Rhinosinusitis in the United Kingdom. E.M. Maiese, C. de Moor, G. Reardon, J. McLaughlin, and P. Navaratnam, The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Volume 127, Issue 2, Supplement , Page AB120, February 2011
- Combination Therapy with Ezetimibe/Simvastatin Versus Statin Monotherapy for LDL-C Reduction and Goal Attainment in a Real-world Clinical Setting. H.S. Friedman, S. Rajagopalan, J.P. Barnes, H. Roseman, Clinical Therapeutics. 2011 Feb; 33(2):212-24.
- The impact of adherence and disease control on resource use and charges in patients with mild asthma managed on inhaled corticosteroid agents. Navaratnam P, Friedman HS Urdaneta E, Patient Prefer Adherence 2010 (4) pp. 197-205
- Adherence and asthma control with mometasone furoate versus fluticasone propionate in adolescents and young adults with mild asthma. Friedman HS, Navaratnam P, McLaughlin J, J of Asthma Vol 47, Issue: 9, 2010 Nov, pp 994-1000
- Mometasone furoate vs fluticasone propionate with salmeterol: multivariate analysis of resource use and asthma-related charges. Navaratnam P, Friedman HS, Urdaneta E. Curr Med Res Opin. 2009 Dec;25(12):2895-901.
- Comparative Analysis of Length of Stay, Total Costs, and Treatment Success between Intravenous Moxifloxacin 400 mg and Levofloxacin 750 mg among Hospitalized Patients with Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Friedman HS, Song X, Crespi S, Navaratnam P. Value in Health. 2009 Aug 20
- Retrospective claims study of fluticasone propionate/salmeterol fixed-dose combination use as initial asthma controller therapy in children despite guideline recommendations. Friedman HS, Eid NS, Crespi S, Wilcox TK, Reardon G. Clin Ther. 2009 May;31(5):1056-63.
- Colectomy subtypes, follow-up surgical procedures, postsurgical complications, and medical charges among ulcerative colitis patients with private health insurance in the United States. Loftus EV Jr, Friedman HS, Delgado DJ, Sandborn WJ. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2009 Apr;15(4):566-75.